Sunday, January 4, 2015

Out and about : Part one - Portland,Oregon


                                            The day was crisp and cool yet still drizzly on and off.  Yet it was a great time to get out with Hideo and visit Portland for some practice and to snap a few pics. I have never been one to play any instrument in public yet I'm slowly becoming more and more comfortable at showing the shakuhachi off and making a few sounds. This does NOT mean I will be busking or playing on street corners for loose change,  But who knows what a year from now will look like. :-)

                                      Here I was in SE Portland at the main Goodwill location.


   Then it was off to NW Portland and Powell's Books as well as the Brewery Blocks Starbucks.



Admittedly it was quite exciting watching others view my moves when taking Hideo out of his case and pose for a few pics as well as make a few sounds . Blew Ro and TSU a few times to show what he could do.






                  Then I had Ann take a few new pics of me and Hideo so that I would have a new profile pic as the last few were simply not satisfactory.




I shall be taking Hideo out more often as well as his pals. With only a few songs under my belt and plenty of improvisations, I hope to actually play in front of others by next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment