Monday, August 8, 2016

Distracted musician


                                                      Yes. I admit it fully. This has been a distracted summer and I'm a distracted musician. My goals to learn some Celtic songs and keep up with lessons and practice have been dashed as life took over my time. And while confession is said to be " good for the soul", that doesn't mean it makes everyone happy. And I'm a bit unhappy that I have been so lax in practice. Only just picked up Hideo the other day after a month and set about Blowing Ro for a while and get my lungs, playing back after the absence. This has always been my way of living and at my age I'm not sure it will ever change. I get distracted way too easily!






                                                       So...where does this leave me now? I have superb instruments that are simply NOT getting used as much as they should. Sell some? Gift them to the right people? Gawd, that would never be easy and I cannot see myself doing either of those things. Though I could use the money from a few flute sales to upgrade my camera situation and that is a very tempting thought as my photography is needing this. So...I just might have to think on it. Keep your eyes open for a possible sale! Oh, that would not include my shakuhachi except possibly the Yuu. it needs to go to a good home.

I'll end the post with a promise to TRY to do better and get my musical butt in gear!!





                                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment